John 20:17: Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'” (ESV)
The resurrection of Jesus is a promise of what will happen to all of us who believe in him.
They decided to give the guards at his tomb money so that they will spread an alternative story, that the disciples stole his body. Therefore, even when the story of the resurrection spreads, the other story also gets mixed up in it, and the people, would at least, be confused, not quite knowing what to embrace. That is what the devil wants.
God wants something different and he commissioned the Holy Spirit for it. He wants the story of the resurrection of his son spread abroad, to focus attention on him, to showcase him as the lamb which takes away the sin of the world (John 1:29), as the one true king, as the way, truth and life (John 14:6), to lift him up so that men will be drawn to him (John 12:32) for justification, sanctification and glorification (1Corinthians 1:30, Romans 8:30).
The resurrection was completed in the ascension which Jesus was talking about in the focus verse (John 20:17).In the ascension he paved a way for us to gain access to the father in the fullest, extent, just he has.
The resurrection is all goodies for us.
- Is In You (theriverwalk.org)
- Rapture: Consideration…The Holy Spirit – PaulthePoke’s Blog (servehiminthewaiting.com)
- Blog for Week of August 14, 2016 (oldgreenbrierbaptistchurch.typepad.com)
- Am I a Pharisee? (michelleule.com)
- What does the Holy Spirit do? (altruistico.wordpress.com)
- The Return of Jesus Christ (endtimesprophecyreport.com)