After the two revelations I wrote about, there have been certain developments relating to it and further understanding I seem to be coming into from it.
Remember that I said that I know the Christian woman in the dream, who was complaining about serving God but without the joy of the Lord, in real life?
What I did not say because I was trying to hide her identity from those who know me and might try to guess if I give more information, was that she was pregnant.
But unknown to me, few hours after that revelation she will be delivered of a baby boy. And I got to know because my wife called our pastor who told her of the news later that morning. I wrote about the revelation about 3am, while the woman delivered a baby shortly after that time. This was a woman that I do not know her EDD. We are not that close.
If she was the picture of the church who is complaining and she was pregnant, before she can deliver, she needed her joy restored. She needed to close the door to the enemy who was stealing her joy. It was interesting that in that revelation, I did not stand up to help her close the door, she had to close it herself.
What the church will birth is a new move of God.
Remember I noted that the joy of the Lord is our strength? And strength in the bible is associated with delivery. When the children of Israel were being persecuted and Pharoah said all the baby boys must be killed. The Hebrew midwives spared them and told Pharoah that the women of Israel were stronger than the Egyptian women.
A joyless Christian will not be able to deliver the will of God on the earth. What we labour to bring forth is the move of God, the explosion of the Spirit, the abundance of heaven after a season of drought, like Elijah laboured. We labour in prayer. The prayer warriors must be the most joyful people on earth because they touch the presence of God and in the presence of God there is fullness of joy. If as a Christian, you are task oriented and no presence of God oriented, your joy is about to fly away.
Seth was the replacement of Abelas far as the mother Eve was concerned. She said that God has given me a child instead of the one that Cain killed.
The bible says in Isaiah 66:7-8:
“Before she travailed, she brought forth;
before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.
Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things?
Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day?
or shall a nation be born at once?
for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.”
It is interesting that the child that woman in that revelation gave birth to in real life was a boy.
You cannot travail without strength. Angels came to Strengthen Jesus before his thunderous ministry and before his going to the cross.
Going back to the story of the prodigal son and the brother, we see that the the brother was joyless, it was the complaint we hear from him when his brother was being celebrated, that his father never gave him a kid to kill with his friends, that we know he was not happy in the service of his father.
He did the task as a matter of routine but without a joy in it. He thought the more he served the more his father should provide for him, but he lost sight of the fact that he already had everything he was working so hard for. He seem to fair worse than slaves. How can you work so hard to be blessed? If you are not resting that you are blessed then get ready to be frustrated like that old son.
This is a call to desist from all joyless activities in the kingdom. It will not birth anything. If it is not borne out of relationship, it will not be born at all.
The bible says with joy we draw from the well of Salvation. Joy is the rope, without the rope, getting water from the well is wishful thinking. Joy is the connection, if the connection is cut there is no flow.
I believe this writeup and the one before it are me talking to that woman, to the complaining church, the joyless church, as I wanted to start doing to that woman in the revelation.
So church, I am asking you to close the door through which the devil steals your joy. Awake oh Zion, put on Strength oh arm of God.
The task at hand is the birthing task, we will birth a new move of God in the earth. The former move was killed, like Cain killed Abell, but there is Seth on the horizon. The past was good but the future is better.
Practical ways to close the door against the joy stealer
1. Don’t take everything you hear about yourself to heart.
2 refuse to be a man pleaser, refuse to yield to the fear of man, take charge of your destiny, nobody can push you to do what you don’t want to do, the society, your loved ones should not. You do not need anybody o validate you. You are complete in him who is the head of all principalities and powers. Nothing should make you feel inferior. Judge yourself in the light of God’s valuation of you, to give his son for you.
3. Ensure that your private time with God in prayer fasting and word, is not eroded by anything and it continues to grow
4. Depend absolutely on the rightousness of Jesus, the cross is the solution to self-will, self-consciousness, self-consideration,and self-righteousness which moves us away from the will of God and saps our strength
5. Don’t join every department, trying to do everything, going to all Programmes people invite you to as if that is the basis of your approval before God.
6. Service must be God-initiated. Period. Can you say that everything you are doing in kingdom service is because God wants you to?
7. Recognise your area of gifting and function there more than you do other things in the kingdom. That brings you joy and you can easily see result, rather than be frustrated in a task because someone said you should do it. You cannot fit in everywhere, the earlier you know that the better. Certain things do not fit into the future God has for you.
8. Don’t think once you join a group, because of what people will say, you cannot stop being part of the group.
9. Say to yourself: I do not have to do anything for God, but I do it because I love him, because I chose to.
10. Allow yourself to enjoy life, I am not talking about sin, which is bondage, but learn to relax, interact with people across different interests, explore some interests. Jesus was like that.
11. Set your gaze on Jesus, people may disappoint you, not him.
12. Rejoice because your name is in the book of life, not because you served God.
13. Confess your sin quickly and receive cleansing. If you continue feeling guilty after you have confessed to God, then know that your self-righteousness is Speaking, do not listen to it.
14. Do not engage in being critical of others, unduly.
15. Trust the God is in control, no matter what, he is trustworthy, his word the scriptures in the bible is true
16. Don’t depend on human praise, do not be boastful yourself.
17. Be full of Thanksgiving, even when you have many requests from God, that is the key to peace.
18. Do not throw away the confession of your faith.
19. The eye of your heart, the eye of your imagination must be fixed on Jesus all the time, always admiring him, loving him, looking unto him, reflecting on him, on the healing provision, material provision, direction provision, relationship provision, we have in him, the spiritual provision we have in him, the protection in him, and fear nothing. We are loved by God in him.
20. Stand against fear in all forms.
21. Be quick to reject what is contrary to scriptures, don’t allow yourself to be unsettled by anyone who brings a revelation which shows that God is focused on appearance and not heart, that God is not love. The man with one talent fell into the latter trap.
22. Be humble, willing to learn, willing to change, to admit wrong, listen to others, admit you do not know all things.
23. Getting a job is a good idea, it prevents idleness, and focuses you on a productive engagement, giving you opportunity to interact with those different form you, as you learn to respect them, relate to them, show them love, be in conflict with them and resolve it, you are becoming more like God.
24. No one should be bigger than God in your life.
25. Hope in the Lord, recognise the limitation in humans including yourself.
God bless you.
- Your Word for This Day: “Living with an Unchangeable God” (thotam.com)
- What does Messiah mean? (altruistico.wordpress.com)
- Jesus is Here with Us! (heartfixxer.wordpress.com)
- THE LORD’S CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL… DATE: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 24TH, 2016. | Daily Mail (dailymail.com.ng)
- Elijah Ran from Jezebel (gospelproject.com)
- Who chooses the other? God or man (itschemisto.wordpress.com)
- Lawrence & DeCovenant – Jesus Na The Only God Ft. Mike Abdul / @DeCovenant @mikeabdulng (gospelmusicnaija.com)
- The Right Time (sharingloveandtruth.org)
- A Journey of Days Number – Day 22, and There is no Fear Yet (atenuousthread.wordpress.com)
- Scripture Verse Of The Week ‘Acts 1 Verse’ (mylordmyfriend.com)